Prosafe is committed to achieving and maintaining the highest standards of quality in its operations.
Documented processes, systems and reviews form the basis of the company’s quality systems. Through ISO and International Safety Management (ISM) standards, we maintain an up-to-date quality management system with an Integrated Safety and Environmental Management System.
The company’s quality management systems are certified to ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007. Prosafe plans to transition from OHSAS 18001 to the new ISO:45001 standard towards the end of 2019.
Safety management systems for the fleet are approved to the ISM code. Our accommodation vessels have been certified to the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code. The company was not served enforcement notices by any Maritime Authority during 2018.
Prosafe’s vessels have International Air Pollution Prevention (IAPP) certificates, International Oil Pollution Prevention (IOPP) certificates and International Sewage Pollution Prevention (ISPP) certificates, all issued under MARPOL. These certificates are subject to periodic surveys.
Prosafe endeavours to ensure that its HSSEQ principles are integrated into its supply chain. HSSEQ is present throughout the procurement process, from the pre-qualification of sub-contractors, to entering into contracts, and in supplier audits.
Prosafe ensures that its sub-contractors operate management systems compatible with those implemented by the company. Interfacing of sub-contractors’ and Prosafe’s activities and management systems is achieved through the development and agreement of specific interface documentation.
Suppliers are subject to the same high standards that Prosafe adheres to within its Integrated Management System. Through active and reactive monitoring and audits, Prosafe will review and verify that defined standards and requirements are met.
Prosafe’s system for sub-contractor administration shall ensure:
- Selection of sub-contractors based upon (amongst other considerations) an assessment of whether their health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and performance are proportionate with the risks associated with services to be provided
- Agreement of the performance objectives and standards to be achieved, including those pertaining to health, safety, security and the environment
- Preparation of health, safety and environmental interface documentation detailing the roles, responsibilities and procedures to be followed for the duration of the contract
- Verification by Prosafe that contractor personnel are competent to undertake the work
- Methods for monitoring and assessing contractor performance against agreed health, safety and environmental performance objectives and criteria.
- Evaluation of their focus on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG)
Prosafe measures achievement of continual improvement through internal, external and third-party audits. A total of 56 audits were carried out in 2018, including seven by clients and eighteen by certification bodies and authorities. Prosafe conducted three supplier audits in 2018.
Our supplier and subcontractor audits during 2019 will include specific focus on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) including self-assessment status, measures in place, objectives, ambitions and targets.
The output from all these audits is used as tools to assess the continued suitability and implementation of the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems and input to the business strategy and goals and focus of department and function plans.
Prosafe remains committed to safe and compliant operations at all times and the vessel continues to operate safely and efficiently.
Prosafe has established contingency plans to limit harm to people, the environment and material assets. These plans will ensure that correct, relevant and timely information is provided to the outside world if and when required.
We carry out regular emergency response training and exercises in cooperation with our customers and third parties to ensure that we are as well prepared as possible to deal with a potential crisis.